Manistee County Area Fishing Tournaments
Here are the tournaments that usually occur.
- Tight Lines for Troops Charity Fishing Tournament for Michigan Veterans, sponsored in part by Little River Casino Resort and Manistee County Charter Boats.
- Onekama Marine Memorial Weekend Shakedown fishing tournament sponsored in part by Portage Lake Association.
- MCSFA Kid Fish Day, Manmade Lake, sponsored by Manistee County Sport Fishing Association.
- MCSFA Ladies Classic Pro/Am, sponsored by Manistee County Sport Fishing Association.
- MCSFA Budweiser ProAm Fishing Tournament, sponsored by Manistee County Sport Fishing Association.
- Manistee Salmon Splash, across from Manistee Municipal Marina, downtown Manistee.
- MCSFA Small Boat Big Fish Tourney for amateurs only, sponsored by Manistee County Sport Fishing Association.
- LRCR Manistee Monster Mania, Ladies fish Friday; Monster Main Event is Saturday and Sunday, Three Fires Conference Center, Little River Casino Resort, Manistee.
Manistee County Fishing Information
Manistee County has an abundance of places where anglers can catch a variety of fish. Numerous charter captains make Manistee their home port, and will happily take you out on Lake Michigan to fish for salmon and trout.
The Manistee River runs 190 miles through the northern Lower Peninsula, entering Lake Michigan along the city of Manistee in West Michigan. The Manistee River is considered to be one of the best steelhead, salmon, and trout rivers in Michigan and the Great Lakes.
See our business directory for Manistee Charter Captains.
All Area Fishing Reports:
Hamlin Lake - Pentwater - Manistee - Ludington - Pere Marquette River